Friday, July 27, 2012

Pinterest recipe modification

Since I have to work from 2-11 tonight, I decided that I was going to make a meal for the guys. All they have to do now is put it in the oven and cook it.

I took my inspiration for a hobo meal from Impress Your Kids and modified it with a ranch dressing packet and added some green beans to the mix.

Green Beans and Baby Carrots
The recipe says to use potatoes, carrots, and onions. Well, I don't have any onions, so I left them out. I'm a big fan of balancing out my meals with a green vegetable, so I figured green beans would be a good option. I could have used broccoli, but for some reason, I went with green beans today.

Potatoes tossed in a Hidden Valley Ranch mix packet
I cut my potatoes up similar to how I would cut them up for home fries, which are a favorite way to make potatoes in my house. I put them in a plastic container and sprinkled a Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix packed on top of them, put the lid on and shook it all up till the potatoes were coated.

Handmade Hamburger Patty on top
I made the hamburger patty with nothing extra mixed in. Just hamburger meat. Once all of this was done, I wrapped it up and set it on my cookie sheet. I was able to make four hobo meal packets like this out of about 1 pound of hamburger meat.

Cheese to put on top

Since I don't want the cheese to burn during the cooking process, the cheese is going to be placed on top to make it extra yummy.

Recipe:

1 lb Hamburger meat
1 bag of baby carrots
1 bag of green beans
4 Idaho potatoes
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
Shredded Cheese

Cooking instructions:

Preheat oven to 350, place cookie sheet in oven and cook for about 45-60 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

I HIGHLY recommend putting the hobo packet on a cookie sheet or something to help catch any grease that will cook off of the burger patty. You don't want to start an oven fire!

I will post an update after I get done with work and get to eat my hobo meal myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment